Waar ga jij aan de slag?
For the international Foseco R&D Centre in Enschede we are looking for a new colleague with extensive knowledge of aluminium to join the Foundry team in the position Aluminium Specialist.
Wherever metals flow in the world, Vesuvius and Foseco are recognized as the embodiment of highest performance and profitability. Without ceramic and metallurgic consumables, the foundry and steel industries would not be able to fulfil the requirements placed on modern foundry and steel products. The group has more than 10.000 employees around the world. End markets are the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, modern power generation, and the shipbuilding and engineering sector.
As Aluminum Specialist you will run Non-Ferrous Metal treatment projects to support the Non-Ferrous strategy and growth plan, provide support and input on various R&D projects and you are responsible for the development new products for applications in NF foundries and cast house.
Research and Development to create new and high qualified products, is the fundamental base of VESUVIUS’s strategy. Within Enschede Foseco has been able to create an environment where R&D specialists get all the freedom and opportunities to come up with new ideas to meet the increasing performance, environmental demands of the market and the next generation foundry supplies and processes. Part of the specialisms are: Binders, Coatings, Metals, Filters and Feeding Systems all working together to drive innovation within the foundry business.
What do you get in return?
In this challenging position you will end up in a dynamic environment. You have a close-knit team of enthusiastic colleagues around you and Foseco also offers a competitive salary with good benefits.
Wat ga jij doen?
- Run R&D projects for Non-Ferrous activities and ensure that projects goals and milestones are delivered on time
- Be recognized as valuable partner in customer joint project development
- Can assist customer in product application and identify possible failure root cause
- Active member of industrialization teams assuring best Transfer of Technology
- Ensure that QSHE standards are maintained within projects
- Cooperate and provide input for the continuous improvement of processes
- Demonstrate good project management skills and lead international, multicultural project teams
- Publish paper and talk in scientific congresses
- First degree in Metallurgy, Chemistry, Materials Science or other relevant discipline
- Experience in non-ferrous metallurgy
- Postgraduate degree (MSc. minimum) in a relevant material based subject
- Sound knowledge and experience in aluminum metallurgy, aluminum foundry and cast house processes
- Preferably knowledge of refractory engineering/ceramics technology or coatings/release agents
- Experience of delivering objectives against deadlines and cost budgets
- Ability to work as a member of the larger European or international R&D team
- Sound practical laboratory and foundry skills, with a broad understanding of testing equipment and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken), good written and spoken German or Dutch is a benefit
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of statistical techniques, computer literate, with basic programming skills and a working knowledge of higher level mathematics would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, well-motivated and capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving and the ability to think beyond current boundaries
- Being a good teamplayer, motivated and action oriented
- Hours | 40
- A talentscan will be a part of this procedure