Waar ga jij aan de slag?
For the international analytical team in the Foseco R&D Centre in Enschede we are looking for an Analytical Lab Specialist.
You will bring a new dimension to the analytical team, in terms of chemistry and material science, to increase the efficiency and total output significantly. In addition, you will recognize and evaluate appropriate technologies to meet all required analytical procedures. The ability to think freely and work independently is key to this role.
Wherever metals flow in the world, Vesuvius and Foseco are recognized as the embodiment of highest performance and profitability. Without ceramic and metallurgic consumables, the foundry and steel industries would not be able to fulfil the requirements placed on modern foundry and steel products. The group has more than 10.000 employees around the world. End markets are the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, modern power generation, and the shipbuilding and engineering sector.
Research and Development to create new and high qualified products, is the fundamental base of VESUVIUS’s strategy. Within Enschede they have been able to create an environment where R&D specialists get all the freedom and opportunities to come up with new ideas to meet the increasing performance, environmental demands of the market and the next generation foundry supplies and processes. Part of our specialisms are: Binders, Coatings, Metals, Filters and Feeding Systems all working together to drive innovation within the foundry business.
What do you get in return?
Besides a good salary, with excellent secondary benefits on pension and other related insurances, you get the opportunity to work in one of the best and newest offices build on the latest standards with high tech laboratory equipment. You will get a bonus at the end of the year based on performance and the option for an unlimited contract after 1 year.
Wat ga jij doen?
- Run various analytical tasks as service or within project teams and deliver high quality results and reports in time
- Develop a complete understanding of existing testing procedures and equipment capabilities
- Develop new analytical procedures to the needs of the R&D groups
- Thermal characteristics (exothermicity, insulation, refractoriness, etc.)
- Key physical attributes (density, permeability, strength, etc.)
- Chemical composition (elemental composition, phases, etc.)
- Ensure the analytical methods are efficient and appropriate to the required result
- Extend technical understanding wet chemical sample preparation
- Develop a fundamental understanding of current quality and performance testing for raw materials and final products
- Seek to develop more meaningful, robust quantitative tests to provide greater insight into product performance
Wat wordt er van jou gevraagd?
- First degree in Chemistry/Materials Science or other relevant discipline
- Postgraduate degree (MSc. minimum) in a relevant material-based subject
- Sound experience in a practical analytical environment
- High level of understanding of fundamental organic/inorganic chemistry and materials science
- Preferably knowledge of refractory engineering/ceramics technology or metallurgy
- Experience of delivering objectives against deadlines and cost budgets
- Ability to work as a member of the larger European and international R&D team
- Sound practical laboratory skills, with a broad understanding of laboratory testing equipment and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken), good written and spoken German or Dutch is a benefit
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of statistical techniques, computer literate, with basic programming skills and a working knowledge of higher level mathematics would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, well-motivated and capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving and the ability to think beyond current boundaries
- Being a good teamplayer, motivated and action oriented
- Hours | 40
- A talentscan will be a part of this procedure