Waar ga jij aan de slag?
DVEP Energie is looking for a Commercial Operations Director. A visionary people manager on a mission! You have a strong eye for efficiency and know from experience how to make people stronger. People first, focus on the business with, of course, a strong sense of responsibility. The Commercial Operations Director DVEP Energie is looking for is an experienced professional with proven skills in navigating within a changing and growing environment and industry. Explore new opportunities and go the extra mile!
Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1929, and a Fortune 500 company, US based UGI Corporation provides energy solutions through a range of different products and services. UGI International was founded to concentrate on markets outside of the US, and currently operates in 17 countries across Europe. Within this European arena sits Energy Marketing, which focuses primarily on the delivery of Natural Gas, Power and Renewable energy sources to a range of business entities and organisations. DVEP Energie is one of the 4 companies that currently lies within the Energy Marketing division of UGI International which has a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and the UK. DVEP Energie operates from the headquarters in Hengelo, with a team of about 70 professionals.
One of the values of UGI is their commitment to achieving exceptional performance through disciplined growth, focussed execution and continuous improvement. Growth, innovation, emphasis on future success with the right business is what you will be working on with the DVEP Energie team, in cooperation with UGI International.
Do you have the energy and natural leadership skills to succeed with DVEP Energie?
The main responsibility of the new Commercial Operations Director is to establish the strategic commercial direction of DVEP to meet the growth aspirations of UGI International and ensure its effective implementation throughout the business. You will be reporting to the VP Energy Marketing. In the day to day business you will be working through a matrix structure with support from dotted line reports in HR, IT, Finance and Legal.
What’s in it for you?
DVEP is offering you a great opportunity on executive level, with great responsibilities and a true challenge with a great team. A dynamic environment with growth opportunities in a variety of ways, a benefit package including a salary of approximately 100K, depending on experience and background. A car allowance, great lunch facilities and development opportunities on international level.
Wat ga jij doen?
- Set the strategic commercial direction, working with other functions to deliver set targets on an annual basis
- Contribute to the annual financial plan / budget for DVEP and Energy Marketing as a whole
- Effectively manage the delivery of all financial and commercial levers, in line with the P&L plan:
– Gross Margin: acquisition and retention contract margin and volume
– Bad debt
- Investigate and trial new practices and approaches to stimulate new growth channels
- Develop appropriate marketing plans to ensure sufficient customer awareness to underpin high retention and support accelerated growth through acquisition of new customers
- Define and deliver effective customer relationship management to promote a high degree of customer advocacy and engagement
- Ensure an optimized back office operation is in place to promote accurate contract management and an efficient customer journey
- Ensure effective credit policy and management is in place to minimize exposure to bad debt
- Provide leadership and coaching to all direct reports to promote an ethos of accountability and engagement to deliver and maintain a high performing team
- Demonstrate sound leadership behaviour throughout the business at all times
- Support fellow EM leaders in the development of all business units by sharing best practices and working towards common goals
What’s asked of you
- Educated to degree level
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership/management roles
- Preferably knowledge of and experience with the energy (mainly gas and power) supply markets
- High level of Dutch and English, verbally and written
Your key competences
- Proven strategic thinker and commercially aware
- Previous P&L accountable is a distinct advantage
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Result driven
- Hours | 40
- For this vacancy, an assessment is part of the application process