Waar ga jij aan de slag?
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Would you like to provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact? Then we would like to meet you!
Our client is dedicated to ensuring that reliable, efficient and safe power is available when it’s needed most. With unparalleled knowledge of electrical power management across industries, experts at the company deliver customized, integrated solutions to solve their customers’ most critical challenges. Their focus is on delivering the right solution for the application. But, decision makers demand more than just innovative products. Customers turn to our client for an unwavering commitment to personal support that makes customer success a top priority. Their Hengelo site employs around 650 people.
Application Engineering provides advice, design and technical validation of custom-made extensions, modifications and upgrades within installed Low Voltage and Medium Voltage switchgear assemblies. The Electrical Services team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Their services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Great promotional opportunities – They encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – Safety and ethic are really important
- Culture & Values – They are more than the products they invent and produce
- Inclusion & Diversity – Openness to diversity widens their access to the best talent.
- Learning & Development – They invest in their employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Wellness – they offer the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Wat ga jij doen?
An Application Engineer:
- Provides applied engineering and technical consultation with regard to the design and specifications of aftermarket applications during the Request for Quotation, and during Aftermarket Product Development, including necessary safety precautions and calculations.
- Defines and implements improvements that improve the effectivity of the Aftermarket Engineering team. Responsible for the assigned projects, accountable for performing work within budgeted cost estimates, committed lead times and assigned utilization levels.
- Self-management of assigned projects. Thorough collection of technical information, analysis and coordination in all phases of a project. Engineering in accordance with standards, agreements, and customer requirements, and a smooth and systematic progress of the engineering process.
- Collaborates and pro-active communicates with all stakeholders in the aftermarket engineering team, and other cross functional teams (Aftermarket order management, Planning, Aftermarket Operations, Field Services).
- Is responsible for technical review of project documentation. Interpret specs and customer inquiries.
- Provides applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of complete power distribution system design, protection & control design, or upgrades, installation, testing, maintenance, repair and training, solutions relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency.
- Reviews electrical diagrams and factory drawing packages
- Provides specialized technical support for commissioning and testing of electrical installations, including programming and FAT of electronic protective relays and control equipment.
- Analyses failures based on customer information and advice on solutions
- Maintains and expands Engineering Guidelines and defines and implements process improvements that improve the efficiency of the Aftermarket Engineering team by implementing and refining design tools that reduce design cycle time and errors.
- Investigates technological developments and working methods with regards to Application Engineering, advises about possible improvements and, after approval of management, implement these.
Wat wordt er van jou gevraagd?
What is expect of you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Understands the switchgear Design and Manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in power systems design engineering work.
- Knowledge of the applicable law, regulations, (inter)national standards including IEC standards.
What are your strengths?
- Self-starter and a Quick Learner
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are paramount.
- Excellent communications skills and must have the ability to interface with internal and external customers, sales, and other team members on a technical level in multiple languages
- English (verbal and writing) and Dutch (verbal)