Waar ga jij aan de slag?
This position will reinforce the Feeding System team to handle the steady increasing workload. The Feeding System Technician should possess a good understanding of material chemistry and a practical mindset to perform chemical laboratory/engineering work on projects. You will work under supervision of the R&D Manager Feeding Systems carrying on R&D projects and service request from the VESUVIUS group.
Wherever metals flow in the world, Vesuvius and Foseco are recognized as the embodiment of highest performance and profitability. Without ceramic and metallurgic consumables, the foundry and steel industries would not be able to fulfill the requirements placed on modern foundry and steel products. The group has more than 10.000 employees around the world. End markets are the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, modern power generation, and the shipbuilding and engineering sector.
What do you get in return?
In this challenging position you will end up in a dynamic environment. You have a close-knit team of enthusiastic colleagues around you and Foseco also offers a competitive salary with good benefits.
Wat ga jij doen?
Hand-on work in the laboratory preparing test samples and performing the required tests on products/raw materials as directed by FS Manager, Scientist and Engineer.
These tests could enconpas the following:
- Physical and exothermic attributes (density, permeability, strength, insulating, exothermicity, etc.)
- Chemical composition if required
- Foundry test to study the performance of the samples Provide input for the continuous improvement process , this imput can be both recipe-related and engineering-related
- Conducting the required tests in a structured manner following well-established procedures
- Reporting results on a computer database following the standards of the group
- Maintenance on test equipment and tooling to keep these in perfect working condition
- Cooperate on all R&D related operations
Wat wordt er van jou gevraagd?
- Bachelor’s degree or HBO Chemistry/Materials Science or other relevant discipline
- Experience in a practical chemical laboratory environment
- Preferably knowledge of chemistry or ceramics technology or metallurgy
- Experience of delivering objectives against deadlines
- Sound practical laboratory skills, with a basic understanding of laboratory testing equipment and procedures
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, well-motivated and capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Being a good teamplayer, motivated and action oriented
- Hours | 40
- A talentscan will be a part of this procedure