Our client is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Their vision is a smarter home, beyond the connected home, where technology is our friend.
Your new employer
Our client’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. They design & develop an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments.
What’s in it your you?
Become part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of the company’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
Our client offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontally or vertically throughout the global organization. An interesting remuneration package, relocation allowance (when needed) and bonus.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for securing the quality of the products during the product development phase and manufacturing process. The QE ensures that product, process and project related quality risks are quantified upfront and traced. By monitoring product and software quality KPI’s the QE improves efficiency and accuracy to meet customer specifications.
The QE works in a cross functional, intercontinental team and guards the quality interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The position is in their Enschede office and requires travelling on an international level (EU, US, China). The QE reports to the Quality Assurance Manager in Enschede.
- Support and assist with designing portions of quality requirements, processes and practices into the development, design, manufacturing phase and continuous improvement of parts of a product or a solution
- Collect, consolidate and chart data from reports, testing and process results to identify trends and issues
- Lead supplier quality management activities and challenge current levels of performance.
- Implement changes to quality processes to reduce defects and improve quality, conduct DFMEA for projects, introduce Six-Sigma / lean principles
- Review and sign off on product compliance documents (for CE, REACH, RoHS etc.), liaise with local and international test labs for conducting tests, & work closely with internal & external teams to determine compliance requirements for specific markets (Asia, Europe, Latin America, Australia etc.)
- Proactively support product qualification and high volume manufacturing readiness
- Conduct root cause analysis on NPI and field issues
What’s expected of you?
- Knowledge and experience on the product development life cycle for technically challenging projects with QA deliverables that contain extensive analysis and test results.
- Proper understanding of material properties, hardware and electrical component design and manufacture, quality standards and methodologies
- Knowledge on EU legislations and standards such as EMC, REACH, RoHS, RED etc.
- Skilled in adopting proven and professional methodologies towards measuring quality during entire manufacturing process. Understanding the parameters to measure, type of equipment and error modes during test preparation.
- Understanding on the concepts of quality measurement within IQC, IPQC and OQC. Able to deduce trends from raw figures, compare and make inferences from KPI data and trends to suggest corrective actions.
- Experience in a similar role within a high volume manufacturing environment.
It would be great if you also had:
- Bachelor / master degree in Engineering (ex. electrical, electronics, industrial, mechanical, manufacturing)
- Technical background with experience in working on product design, engineering, layout, software validation and/or PCB and system manufacturing
- Understanding of the software development process, best practices, types of software testing, software quality metrics etc.
- Experience with embedded software development, exposure to technologies such as Bluetooth, voice recognition, accelerometer implementations etc. on consumer electronics products.
- Knowledge of the concept and application of FMEA, design for manufacture, user centered design etc.,
- Able to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Open minded, analytic, problem solving, advising skills, flexible and willing to travel.