Waar ga jij aan de slag?
Are you that experienced Research & Development Manager who is continuously developing products and technologies as well as the R&D team? Do you enjoy visiting customers and conferences to see new trends and needs in the market? Are you an experienced polymer scientist, having worked in the public or private sector?
Then we want you!
Who are The Compound Company?
The Compound Company are specialist in developing and manufacturing of innovative customer oriented solutions in the field of thermoplastic compounds. Our core expertise evolves around polyolefin compounds. The company exists of almost 100 driven professionals working together every day to make the impossible happen. The organisation is characterized by entrepreneurship, a constant drive to add new products to its portfolio, flexibility and a well-developed sense of service. TCC are active on a global scale, with sales organisations worldwide, a new production site in Jakarta and one in development in the Middle East. In Enschede a new production hall will be commissioned in Q2.
The organisation has grown rapidly over the last few years. In 2018 only we added approx. 20 people. We have added Transmare Compounding in Roermond to the family. And we are not done growing yet.
We value having social gatherings with the full team during the year. Celebrating successes together. Short communication lines and informal atmosphere are inherent to our organisation.
As R&D Manager you are responsible for managing the (still small but growing) R&D Team, developing new products (focusing on our strategic market segments) as well as preparing new products for scaling up in Production. In addition you actively visit customers, gather knowledge at various conferences, and you help shape and improve the R&D department.
You collaborate closely with various Product Developers and Application Developers an Business Development Managers who all rely on you to realize their wishes. You have frequent contact with our Process Engineer concerning scale-ups. And you are the point of contact for the multitude of R&D institutes that we work with.
Within our R&D we discern the following focus areas:
- Natural fibre reinforced compounds
- Flame Retardant compounds (HFFR)
Wat ga jij doen?
What are you going to do?
- Develop a strategic vision on the direction of R&D, together with all the stakeholders
- Draft the yearly R&D plan
- Coordinate the R&D programme, guide and coach the team
- Conduct program management (milestones / deliverables) including thorough reporting
- Score subsidised (consortium) projects and conduct reporting
- Define the new product portfolio based on input of the Commercial roles, trends in the market and own insights
- Troubleshoot problems in R&D projects and production processes
- Visit customers and report on observed trends and needs in the market, translating this into an R&D plan
- Visit and report on conferences, meetings with suppliers, and research institutes
- Look after the R&D equipment and scope necessary new equipment
Wat wordt er van jou gevraagd?
What do we ask?
- Master or Bachelor (Polymer) Chemistry or Process Technology
- 3+ years’ experience within an R&D environment
- Preferably knowledge about polymer processing (extrusion, injection moulding, modification)
- Read and write English and preferably German
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
What are your competencies?
- Innovation capacity
- Result orientation
- Capable communicator
- Customer and service orientation
- Hours | 37,5
- Your office will be in Enschede, the Netherlands.