Waar ga jij aan de slag?
Do you seek a role with a high level of responsibility and freedom? And would you like to travel around the globe to deliver quality? In that case we are looking for you!
As a Service Engineer you will work on equipment designed and/or installed by VMI-group. After installation the machine will be maintained by the customer and supported by the VMI Technical Service Support (TSS) team.
Who is VMI?
With their 1600 people across the globe VMI continuously strives to bring their industries to the next level by providing state-of-the-art, innovative technology to make their customers more successful. VMI develops, manufactures, sells and installs high tech machines for the tire, rubber, can, personal care and pharmacy industry. Thanks to the drive and ambition of their people VMI is able to offer their customers the best solution available. Do you feel this ambition?
What do you get in return?
As Service Engineer at VMI you will find a challenging job through project all around the world. On site you will have a lot of responsibilities and freedom, whereas everything during the travel has been taken care of. VMI offers growth opportunities and development when needed. Furthermore, various arrangements are set to compensate the periods you went abroad.
Wat ga jij doen?
What are you going to do?
- Inspections at customers: With the maintenance management Tools you will inspect and report the status of the machine and inform the coordinator in relationship to possible upgrades.
- Help improve the maintenance management Tools.
- Maintain the VMI equipment or train customers on how to maintain the VMI equipment.
- Execute classroom and on the job training by using your own created training material, or if available training material created by the VMI Academy.
- Training yourself: Help build/test new equipment at the VMI factory or install the equipment/upgrades in the field at customers side to make sure you keep up to date with new developments.
- Be available to visit the customers at any time to solve break downs or support with other issues.
- Help desk: Support where needed our remote service desk to support our customers
- 24/7 helpline: Frequently be available outside office hours for 1st and 2nd line support 24/7 helpline: Frequently be available outside office hours for 1st and 2nd line support (up to a maximum of one (1) week per month).
Wat wordt er van jou gevraagd?
What is expected from you?
- A degree at the level of Dutch MTS education in WTB or Electrical, or equivalent. Preferably a bachelor or master degree in WTB or Electrical or equivalent
- Electrical / Mechanical skills and experienced in service on an international level
- You have experience with inverters, amplifiers, camera systems and Siemens & Allen Bradley PLC’s and PC’s
- Download, troubleshoot or execute small adjustments in PLC programs.
- A Valid Driver license
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Who are you?
- You are an experienced traveller and are willing to travel for a maximum period of 4 weeks (international). With an annual maximum of 200 days
- You have great commercial skills
- You report thoroughly, you’re able to work under pressure and are flexibel
- Hours | 60 when you’re on a job, when you’re not on a job less or even none
- A talentscan is part of the procedure